- Marin Movement Center
1050 Northgate Drive, Suite 230
in Terra Linda
- Vibrance Chiropractic
226 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. San Anselmo, CA 94960
- Monday & Friday
- 9:00 – 7:00 at MMC
- Tuesday & Thursday
- 9:00 – 7:00 at Vibrance
- Other times
- by special arrangement.
- Call or email for current pricing
- Limited number of sliding scale fees available.
I began my career in bodywork as a Yoga Instructor in 1975. With a strong background in massage therapy since 1980, I received basic certification in the Rolf® Method of Structural Integration from the Rolf Institute in Boulder CO in 1993, followed by advanced certification in 2000.
I have 14 combined years of experience working in clinical settings, which has enabled me to deal effectively with conditions involving both acute and chronic pain. My work is also influenced by training in Craniosacral Therapy, Neurology of Posture, Biomechanics of the Spine and Pelvis, Working with Scar Tissue, and, perhaps above all, my own love of anatomy, kinesiology, and athleticism.
I take great pleasure in guiding my clients toward full and compassionate self-awareness, freedom from pain, the joy of easier, more fluid movements and the ability to do all that they love to do. These are the rewards of a sound and balanced structure.
Call or email me if you or anyone you know would like to receive Comfort Touch.
For General Clientele
- General Issues:
- Chronic muscle tension
- Stiff and painful joints
- Unhealthy postural patterns
- Reduced range of motion
- Scar tissue from sprains, strains, surgeries
- Irritated nerve pathways
- Sports injuries
- Post traumatic stress response
- Neck and back pain
- Injuries from repetitive motion
I have over 30 years' experience, and a wide range of skills to utilize, in providing therapeutic, potentially transformative, holistically based bodywork.
You have a unique set of circumstances that I want to know all about, so that our work together is a collaboration in meeting your specific needs.
My work utilizes and sometimes combines the following four distinct approaches:
- Accept referrals
- Insurance billing
- Inter-disciplinary communication and support
- 35 years' experience with a broad skill base
- Professional and service-oriented
- Sessions designed to meet specific clinical needs
- Clinical Issues:
- Carpal tunnel
- Chronic and acute back and neck pain
- Poor circulation
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Scar tissue
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- TMJ Disorder
- Body and self-awareness
- Improved flexibility and resilience
- Freedom of movement
- Acute and chronic pain relief
- Faster recovery times
- Improved circulation
Rolfing® holds a mirror to the way we live in our bodies, which is often a reflection of what we think, how well we know ourselves, and how we relate to others. The Rolfing® experience gives us greater adaptability and creates continuity and harmony between the various aspects of our structures and of our beings.
- "Getting Rolfed" includes:
- Ten sessions, each lasting one and a half hours.
- An analysis of your movement and postural patterns and an assessment of structural issues.
- Hands-on manipulation of your muscles and connective tissues to restore proper length, resilience and function.
- Exploration of healthy approaches to movement and posture.
Through skillful touch and manipulation of tissues and joints, and with awareness and consideration of the whole person, massage expands body awareness and facilitates relaxation and self-healing.
- My primary concerns in giving massage are:
- To nurture: at times touch must gently soothe and comfort. At others it must penetrate to reach deeper layers of feeling.
- To heal: I use a variety of techniques to restore circulation and resilience to injured, tired, strained muscles and connective tissues.
- To relax: together we teach your muscles to let go of habitual contraction and your mind to let go of habitual striving.
For the restoration and maintenance of health and balance for the whole body and the whole person, no finer method exists than Yoga. When my clients need a way to support and keep the changes we have created for them particularly through Rolfing®, I instruct them in specific stretches and Yoga postures for this purpose.
When it is clear that regular practice is needed, I create a personalized routine for my client to do at home.
Extremely gentle, quiet, and calming, Craniosacral Therapy is the perfect approach for high stress levels and trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder, whiplash, migraine, TMJ disorder. It involves very light and carefully placed handholds around the client's cranium, sacrum or anywhere in between. It works with the body's most subtle rhythm, the cranial wave, which flows like a tide between the sacrum and the cranium and inside the central nervous system.
A nurturing style of acupressure that is particularly suited to the physical and emotional needs of the elderly, ill, or persons with special needs. Its primary aim is to provide comfort through techniques that promote relaxation and relief from pain. It is safe, appropriate and effective for people for whom conventional massage may cause discomfort or even injury.
- Rolf® Method of Structural Integration, Advanced
- Massage Therapy
- Yoga Instructor
- California Massage Therapy Council
- Comfort Touch®
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Continuing Education classes
- Craniosacral Therapy (Upledger, Visionary)
- Principles and Techniques of Myofascial and Osseous Release
- Biomechanics of the Spine and Pelvis
- Perception of Movement
- Neurology of the Head, Neck and Arms
- Neurology of Posture I & II
- Working with Scar Tissue
- Ongoing research and study of issues and treatments pertaining to structural health.
As an osteopathic physician, I have high expectations for any type of bodywork I receive. Francoise's knowledge of anatomy and how it applies to posture and functioning as well as her techniques as both a massage therapist and as a Rolfer are exceptional. She combines a healing presence with her skilled hands and I feel truly supported as a client. Highly recommended!! Sue St.Pierre, DO
Françoise's work has a precision and sensitivity that goes way beyond that of an average or good practitioner. It would be hard to find other workers that I would call her equal. Mark Graycar, D.C.
After injuring my pelvis, low back, and hip in a car accident 2 years ago, my active lifestyle came to a halt. Thanks to Françoise's in-depth knowledge and expertise, gifted touch, tableside manner and genuine commitment to my healing, I am able to sit without discomfort, sleep through the night and exercise even more than before the accident. Massage therapy and rehabilitation with Françoise are an effective, nurturing experience that I would recommend to anyone. Nancy G., 42, psychotherapist
Rolfing has improved my posture, my lower back pain, and range of motion. I was able to see and feel the difference after each session. Françoise helped me make the connection between mind and body and taught me a lot about physiology and body mechanics. Art H., 49, environmental manager
My cerebral palsy makes my muscles tight all the time. Between that and my scoliosis, my back bothers me a lot. Françoise's massage and craniosacral work helped my back feel better. My family noticed that my posture was much better for days after her help. Justin A., 31, Denver
Massage can do a lot of things. For years, I thought of it as an occasional treat. It certainly is a treat, but I never realized the therapeutic potential of massage until I began working with Francoise this year when I was felled by Fibromyalgia after a prolonged period of stress. Francoise researched the illness and devised a therapeutic regimen for me that I believe has been instrumental in the dramatic reduction in my symptoms. Now I understand a lot better what I'd been told for years: in the hands of a really great touch therapist, massage surely is relaxing and re-vitalizing, but it can also play a critical role a restorative health regimen. Francoise is such a practitioner. Bless her! K.C., Mill Valley CA
If you are looking for a powerful ally to help manage your relationship with gravity, look no further! I'm a Pilates practitioner, a regular cardio and weight exerciser and a daily gardener, including pruning, planting, transplanting, soil amendments and clean-up. This follows years of military service, martial arts, skiing, cycling, backpacking and the usual sprains, tears and breaks. Françoise uses her deep knowledge of body mechanics and elegant, integrated technique to help me stay fit, flexible and pain free. Ditto for the family! Pete Abrahams, 72. Mill Valley CA